Itunes Replacer

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by rodrigo, Oct 27, 2007.

1. rodrigo

rodrigo New Member

Hello all. i got my Ipot like a week ago and had it jailbreaked and all the Iphone goodies i wanted and they work perfect after the 2:nd time i tried it out(since i messed up by myself the first time).
    still i hate Itunes, so i wanted to know if there was a 3:rd party software for it so i don´t have to use Itunes.

And how can i add more pictures without replacing the curent ones i have now from a other computer that i normaly use to add musc,vids etc.

Thanks in advanced rodrigo ,sweden.
    thanks for the great guide and video how to jailbreak my new Ipot 16gb by the way.
  2. taco-man

taco-man New Member

I don't think you can get around using iTunes.
    To add new photos without replacing the old ones, add the new photos to the folder that you are sycing your photos from. If you are now using a different computer, transfer/copy the photos from the old computer to a folder on the new computer, add the new photos you want, and sync to that photo folder.
  3. atticus182

atticus182 New Member

yeah well you could use anapod explorer I guess

Please Register or Log in to view images

and what's with the "ipot",, I hate it,, just call it iPod

4. ipod touch master

ipod touch master New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well it has like four different names so call it what you want.

6. berky93

berky93 New Member

actually it has one name: iPod Touch. people made up other names like ipot and iTouch for it.
    ipot is just a waste of a name change because it doesnt make it shorter or easier to type at all.
    itouch makes sense a little because it makes it shorter and it kind classifies it is a whole new group apart from ipods, like iphone is.
  7. Azdeadwood

Azdeadwood New Member

I haven't found anything yet to get around iTunes. I know people are working on it but all of the "fixes" people have been suggesting work on older models. Apple made sure that you have to use iTunes with the Touch and the iPhone. If I knew that would happen I never would have bought the Touch.
  8. mrmeku

mrmeku New Member

just use ibrickr
  9. Cinematographer

Cinematographer New Member

It's funny how some people have problems using iTunes, or even spelling it correctly.

I still consider iTunes to be the finest piece of software ever written for Mac OS or Windows.

Do you care to explain what you hate about it?
  10. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think iTunes is pretty good, but it is nowhere near perfect. Take the following into consideration:

• There is no way you can turn off the stupid photo optimization thing it does to all you pictures
    • You can't just drag-and-drop videos onto your iPodlike you can with music. Before you sync a movie, you must first add it to your library, even if you checked off "Manually manage music" on your iPods config section.
    • It always takes it few seconds for iTunes to completely load on Windows. Even syncing one song will take you at least 40 seconds.
    • It doesn't work as smoothly as it does on Macs. The response time is way too much for my satisfaction

Albeit my usability complaints, I still love how iTunes looks. I will indefinitely stick with it until a more usable, GUI-capable program is available