Itunes Remote App Issues

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by travislb, Aug 3, 2008.

1. travislb

travislb New Member

Hey Guys,

I have spent my day going through numerous forums and threads in relation to the Itunes Remote App for the Ipod Touch. Every forum and thread tells me the same thing and does not attempt to help anyone. Firstly I can't get the thing working here is what I have done.

Open the required ports
    Enabled Sharing in Itunes
    Checked the Remote box in Itunes preferences

and still I connect my Ipod to my pc and can not see the Remote Icon under devices. I have unistalled and reinstalled, I have checked the Bonjour Service is running. I have done everything every forum has told me too and still can not see it. So the people that are giving answers to these questions are obviously people that have been able to get it working. Everyone says its simple and calls the people that can't get it working idiots and hopeless. All we wont is some help to get it working.

I am running Windows Vista, yes my ipod and pc are on the same Wi-Fi network (I am not that dumb). Yes I have the latest version of Itunes and Yes I have the latest Ipod Touch firmware. There has to be a reason why some of us can get it to work and some can't and it obviously is not as simple as some of us wish to make out.

ALL WE WANT IS SOME HELP WITH THIS APP, PLEASE ANYONE INTERESTED IN SUPPLYING THAT WITHOUT MAKING US OUT AS BEING COMPLETE IDIOTS.

I am pretty sure most of us here have at least half a brain.

Anyone......
  2. drakie

drakie New Member

Ok, calm down....no need to get all suicidal on us now.

Have you got as far as inputting the verificaion code?
  3. vashz

vashz New Member

4. travislb

travislb New Member

Yeah tried all of that a few times now
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    NO have not got that far as I can not see the REMOTE icon in the devices section of itunes.

didn't mean to come off as crazy, although if I wasn't slightly crazy I would not have spent all day trying to get it working

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

one word: firewall
  6. travislb

travislb New Member

It's people like you that I am talking in my first post. Give us some credit mate, I'm not an idiot and if I thought it was something that simple I wouldn't be here.

I have checked, double checked, triple my routers firwall, and have shut off Windows firewall. I have forwarded the following ports TCP 3689, UDP 5353 both of which are open and working.

ANY OTHER IDEAS
  7. drakie

drakie New Member

Well im not sure because im not rubbing it in, but mine worked first time, but seriously its not really that good. Its looks exactly like the iPod app, just loads album art slower and controls iTunes. The only thing i can suggest is redownloading and installing the app. Oh and just point this out (not saying your that stupid, but i have seen it)) you need to have wifi turned on for it to work.
  8. NGPixel

NGPixel New Member

Like dualcorex said, it's most likely your firewall. It's not because you opened the ports that your firewall is out of the question. Try to turn off your firewall completely (so everything goes in/out).

Some firewalls have multiple modes that are or are not affected by custom rules you set.
  9. DJisBack

DJisBack New Member

Hey bud I am on the SAME Exact Page you are on. NO idea why in the heck it won't work with the pc. This is my post I made so you can get the run down of whats going on with my setup. Post
  10. mev1205

mev1205 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That's strange, I heard other people have been having similar issues. For me, I didn't have to forward any ports or anything, as soon as I started the app on my touch the icon popped up in iTunes, so I don't really know what to tell you :\