Itunes Question...

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by hugecanoli, Nov 1, 2007.

1. hugecanoli

hugecanoli New Member

Since everybody here has been so helpful, here's another question that I hope can get answered.

After putting my music onto my Ipot, I created playlists and want to drag the appropriate songs to their proper playlists. The only way that I can select multiple songs to drag over to the playlist is to click while holding down the control button. That can become a hassle when your trying to drag over 1000 songs. That means 1000 clicks....ugh!

Is there anyway to select multiple songs at once before dragging without having to click on each one individually? This is a problem I've had with the 3 ipods that I have owned.

All help is very much appreciated..thanks
  2. lisolidsnakeil

lisolidsnakeil New Member

click one song, hold sh*t and click another song. all the songs between the two will be highlighted... helps if your trying to get a lot of songs from same artist/album/genre
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Uh.. hold what? lol
  4. thetetrisaddict

thetetrisaddict New Member

if you click one and then type ctr+a it selects all the songs in your library.
    or click one and hold shift and use the down arrow key to add more songs into the selection and then drag it into the ipod.
  5. hugecanoli

hugecanoli New Member

Holy Crap...you guys just made my life so much easier!!!

For the last 4 years, I've been single clicking and that was one of my biggest gripes with Itunes. This makes it ridiculously easy!

THANK YOU!!!!
    fanatical likes this.
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I love it when I learn simple things about computers that I never knew before.. like alt-f4 to close programs, so helpful. Anyways, you can use the shift key this way with most programs on your computer when picking and dragging files.
  7. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

lol i think your the only one who noticed