iTunes question

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Assault, May 6, 2009.

1. Assault

Assault New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not sure where this should be, but this really wasn't an "app store application" question, so I posted here. If this is the wrong thread, please move this.
    Anyways, I decided a while back that I would get myself one of the new iPod Touches to replace my first gen iPod Touch. And since I've had this new one, I've set up an iTunes Store account, and gotten to like it and realized its use. But now I'm faced with one issue on this: I currently have my iPod on my school computer, which most all things will be reset on this, and I won't have my school computer for many years to come, I'll have the iPod longer. What I'm really wondering is this. I'm wanting to purchase a movie that just came out, and I want to know if it will save to my iTunes Store account. I'd hate to purchase the movie, then not have this save, and be out the money of buying it online, when I could get it in stores for a little bit more.
    Anyone who can give me any reassurance on this, I would appreciate that very much, and I apologize if this here is in the wrong section, I don't quite know your discretion on what topics should go in with the "app store" and what in with the "iTunes."
  2. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    easy answer this one, when you purchase something it is then copied to your ipod....... when you get your own PC/laptop simply right click on your iPod Touch in the iTunes side bar thingy and click on transfer purchases, this will then copy all your purchased items on your iPod onto your PC so you will then have a backup when/if you ever need to restore your iPod.

Now as long as you have authorised your own PC in iTunes all your purchases on your PC (as long as you have them selected) will transfer back to your iPod