itunes problem

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by theprof22, Oct 31, 2007.

1. theprof22

theprof22 New Member

ok guys please help. whenever i try to connect my ipod to itunes to restore it, it never shows up. all but a messege pops up saying "the software required for iphone is not installed. Run the iTunes installer, to remove itunes and install again". ive already reinstalled itunes and it still pops up. all this started happening after i jailbroke my ipod today.
  2. lucass

lucass New Member

member when you took out a file from itunes and put it in the same folder as touch free or whatever you used well it think that you forgot to put it back. the file is called itunesmobilldevices.dll
  3. cjccjc09

cjccjc09 New Member

that happens to me a couple of times...

you have to do is:

**You must unistall Itunes , Quick Time , Apple Software Update, and Apple Mobile Device Support

**Then go to search files type Apple, Then Do another Search type in Itunes , Then Do another Search Type in Apple Mobile Device Support (Delete all the files in every search)

**You must delete this files manually from your computer

**Then when you finish deleting files manually YOU MUST MUST restart your Computer (Before that make sure you delete all the itunes and especially the apple moblie device support files)

**Then install a fresh copy of itunes.

**The reason why its saying you need the " Iphone Software" is because the apple mobile support folder is missing a file ( This file is the apple mobile support file that you use for jailbreaking your ipod). In order to get that file back you must remove all the apple itunes files and programs including Quick Time, Apple Software Update, Itunes, and Apple Mobile Support. You got to uninstall all the program and also delete the remaining files of Itunes, Quick time, and Apple Mobile Support Folders after unistalling it. To do that Use the windows Search to locate the files and delete them....
  4. desolat3

desolat3 Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    force restore then re-jailbreak