Okay, so I have a problem connecting my 2nd gen ipod touch to itunes. It is currently not jailbroken, and I decided to restore it because the one major issue it has always had is shutting off programs when I am using them and stopping music playing when I am using it and forgetting that it was playing anything even. So I had an error before, about some syncing services or something, but the ipod always synced fine, also itunes would and still does even after a fresh install of itunes and quicktime, make me agree to the terms of service each times I start it, though it does start when I plug in the ipod now at least. I worked to get the apple mobile device driver to appear, and I have the ipod starting itunes, but it still gets the 0xE8000001 error. None of the troubleshooting things I have found seem to help, and I am hesitant to go over uninstalling itunes again as it is a pain to do and didn't help any last time. Oh and I am running vista 64 bit and itunes 64 bit. EDIT: Okay, I uninstalled everything apple from windows, restarted, reinstalled, same error, all I have left to do is try reinstalling once more and see if it works then.