Itunes on one computer, different users?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by 16gbofmagic., Jan 24, 2008.

1. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello everyone. My Sister has Itunes and all the music on her Itunes on her account. I mean account by the Windows function where you can set up different users. The thing is, I want to not have to log out/log in on her user just to acess Itunes. Is there a way that I can get all the music on this user as well?

Thanks everyone.
  2. scaramonga

scaramonga New Member

Create a separate iTunes library for each iPod Note: It is important that you make a new iTunes Library file. Do not just make a copy of your existing iTunes Library file. If iTunes is open, quit it.

1. Mac users: Hold down the Option key while you open iTunes.
    Windows users: Hold down the Shift key while you open iTunes.
    2. In the dialog that appears, do the following:
    3. Click Create Library.
    4. Name and save the alternate library file. iTunes opens with your brand new library file.
    5. Open iTunes Preferences.
    6. Click the Advanced tab and then click the General tab.
    7. De-select Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library checkbox if it is selected and click OK. This will prevent iTunes from creating duplicate copies of your existing media files in the new library folder.
    8. Add the specific media files you want on your iPod to iTunes either by dragging them into iTunes or using the Add to Library option in the File menu.
    9. Once you have the iTunes LIbrary just how you want it, connect and sync iPod.
    10. Once the sync is complete, quit iTunes.
    11. Mac users: Hold down the Option key while you open iTunes.
    Windows users: Hold down the Shift key while you open iTunes.
    12. Click Choose library.
    13. Choose your original iTunes Library and click Choose (Mac Users) or Open (Windows Users). You can now switch back and forth between the different libraries for different iPods.
  3. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for writting that all out, but it still doesn't really answer my question.

What I'm trying to do is get the whole library on my Sister's user (Using Microsoft XP) to my user so I don't have to switch between users to add songs, movies, or podcasts to my Ipod which I plan to do often. Is there a way I can do that?
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You want to listen to her music from a different library purchased from iTunes? You either have to burn it to a CD or get her password (I think)