itunes on new computer

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Elahrairah, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Elahrairah

Elahrairah Member

Hello.

I ran a search, but didn't quite see my question asked before, a small twist to a common question:

I have two computers say, A and B. My music and movies are stored on an external drive connected via USB to computer A.

When I got my ipod, I didn't know Apple was such a pain in the ass to work with and figured I could drag and drop my files onto it, so I installed itunes on computer B and when I choose to "add a folder" I searched the network for that drive that I had enabled sharing on....none of my music was stored on computer B...I am sure there are some files on this computer that tell it to direct to the external drive....

Now, computer B is a laptop and it is a real pain in the ass to work with on a laptop and I want to move itunes to my desktop. I have to reinstall my OS on computer A to get itunes to work on it (some Fu@^ing quicktime error that I can't fix)...so the question is, since my tunes are not on computer B when I did it, will it still sync properly, or will the network address be different, to the point I will have to add all files again becase it won't know where to find the actual mp3's? If I have to wipe my ipod then manually add all the folders again to the new itunes, I will probably skip the whole transfer altogether.

I hope I made sense with my question.....I don't want to bother with the BS of a reinstall of the OS unless I know it will work easily...If I have to jump through 10 hoops to make it work, then I will stick with my laptop...

Thanks.