Itunes on 2 laptops ??

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by amanda-jane, Sep 3, 2008.

1. amanda-jane

amanda-jane New Member

we have recently bought an Ipod touch 16gb (really pleased with it),currently it is all synced and Itunes is installed on my laptop,my wife would like to stsrt adding her music to the Ipod as well,now heres the question.can Itunes be installed on her laptop where she can install her own music/video's etc without affecting the Itunes on my laptop?,would it be an identical Itunes library on BOTH laptops,and does anybody have the same setup and experienced any problems?.
    thanks in anticipation..
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yes just make sure you have "manage music and videos" checked in itunes, you cant just sync it

btw off topic ik but your name is amanda jane and you have a wife?
  3. amanda-jane

amanda-jane New Member

ha.ha.
    sorry yes i am the husband,when we bought the Ipod we both registered on this great forum,i have just noticed i am logged in as my wife..
    my mistake......

Thanks for the positive reply though..
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah if she has different music on her computer just make sure you have the manage music and videos

but you can/should only sync other data with one computer, such as with apps, calenders, mail and contacts just so you dont have to track down everything after a restore, so for example you would use your computer to transfer all media and sync data, but still manage music and videos

and then on your wifes laptop just check manage music and videos but dont sync the ipod with her computer