iTunes now selling movies to me!!!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by swillard8, Jun 4, 2008.

1. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

Just got an email from my good friend Apple, saying they are now supplying me with films to buy through iTunes! Rock on!

Please Register or Log in to view images

good news for me in the UK!

looks like i can buy a movie for £6.99 (I am Legend

) and rent for £3.49. Good price choices.
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    wait, you weren't able to buy to movies before?
  3. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alas the prices are still too high.

I thought digital downloads were meant to be cheap? Oh well. That's Apple for you.
  4. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

i think they are good! £6.99, in shops new movies like i am legend, maybe £12-15.

And no we couldnt buy before, legal stuff ^^
  5. jonwilson1988

jonwilson1988 New Member

yeah there was legal issues, im still hopign that they introduce this ipod version of movies on DVDs over here too that would be ace.

though theres a rather large diference between the prices of movies, im trying to dicide ona good sample movie that ive not seen that id like to buy. for example the manchurian candidate is £6.99 where Into the wild is £10.99. thats rather big difference!
  6. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

yeh same, trying to find a classic that I would watch a lot. I hope the collection grows, I guess they need the studios permission...
  7. plokiju

plokiju New Member

Canada too
  8. crAcked_nightmAre

crAcked_nightmAre New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I havnt got this email yet:S will have to go on pc in morn

PS: I love in northants uk been waiting for iTunes movies for awhile now lol、
  9. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

It looks like the latest or most popular will be £10.99 and all others will be £6.99 to buy. For the latter there are some very old titles you can buy on DVD as a budget title for around £3.00 so they need to sort that out - £6.99 is OK for a couple years old but beyond that it really needs to be around £3 to £4.

Definately the way forward the though, I have around 300 DVD's but end up watching cable because I can't be bothered getting them out of the cupboard and putting them in the DVD player, and ripping would be a bit boring to be honest. An easy download to play on my computer, iPod or iPhone or on the 50inch Bravia via iPod and component cable is far more appealing.

On a side note if anyone remembers VHS, I watched Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels the other night I dug out of the wardrobe (where all my out of date stuff hides, the Acorn Electron is lurking somewhere in there plotting world domination with it's 32k). I'm not sure what was more annoying, the movie previews I had to use a fast forward to get past or the fact it was released in 1998 (probably explains the dust on that big lumping case).
  10. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

morning, oh £10.99 that's abit steep for online distribution. I havnt seen one yet like that. I think apple can put their prices up high cause people WILL buy them. Many people have iPods and not computer 'savy'. Also I don't think there is any other online seller out there that is better than iTunes in movies and videoes. Well that's what the gadget show said...