itunes not responding when ipod is in

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by sfgiantswings09, Jul 11, 2008.

1. sfgiantswings09

sfgiantswings09 New Member

I downloaded 2.0 and now when I plug in my ipod in itunes turns to not responding
    WHY?!?!
  2. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    do u have iTunes 7.7 installed? and was it official firmware or did you ******* it or sumthing?
  3. sfgiantswings09

sfgiantswings09 New Member

7.7 and official
    Going to reinstall itunes
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Fixed it I just itunes let my sit there for a little w/ my ipod in and it fixed itself
  4. dontbotherkids

dontbotherkids New Member

ill try this because i am having the same problem...
  5. sdaz

sdaz New Member

I have the apple version of the software and it was also doing that. It has nothing to do with the leaked version. It's a bug in iTunes 7.7. that causes some iPod touches to act like they freeze iTunes. Do a google search, but what I found and worked was to delete the apple itunes .plist preferences from my user library/preferences folder (I'm on a MBP). I then connected my ipod and walked away for about 15-20 minutes and surprisingly it mounted into itunes. I knew if wasn't an iPod problem because my touch was mounting in XP.
    Trust me, I restored, cussed and moaned and this finally worked. Once my touch mounted, I turned off manual syncing (I read this might be a problem) and turned on auto. I let the ipod sync and create a backup and everything has been working fine since.
    I hope this helps.