Itunes not recognizing my ipod touch

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by ttttt, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ttttt

ttttt New Member

Im not sure if this is happenning to anyone else but when i try to jailbreak my ipod touch using winpwn 2.0.0.3 i can do all the steps correctly until i get to restoring to the custom firmware and when i put my ipod in dfu mode itunes doesnt recognize my ipod (i think itunes recognizes it as an ipod classic or something) so i cant restore it. Can anyone help me???

p.s im absolutely sure i put it in dfu mode and ive pwned itunes - ive even tried in recovery mode!
  2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

what does the error say?
  3. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

I had this problem and I had to go into add/remove, then remove iTUNES and APPLE MOBILE DEVICE SUPPORT. Then just go to apple.com and reinstall iTunes. After that is worked for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ttttt

ttttt New Member

I think I will wait for winpwn 2.5

P.S there wasn't any error message itunes just recognized my ipod touch as an iPod classic or something and there isn't a restore button or anything where it usually comes up when you put an iPod in dfu or recovery mode. Also im trying Kyle shelton's method of fixing the problem for the second time now.
  5. ttttt

ttttt New Member

I've got my iPod jailbreaked! It turned out I had a crappy USB hub so I switched to one at the back of my computer and it worked.