itunes not recognizing ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yungl1nk, May 28, 2009.

1. yungl1nk

yungl1nk New Member

*sigh* today is just not a good day.
    so earlier i posted a post asking for help with the "Other" glitch. it was taking too long for people to answer so i just google'd it. i found a possible solution on the modmyi forums that i thought wuld work (which is a complete disaster). basically it told me to ssh into it and delete the whole iTunes_Control folder which i didnt. i happened to have my ipod still connected to itunes while doin this so afterwards when i pulled up itunes the "Other" glutch was gone and all i had to do was sync. so i press sync and it started of but then it gave me an error message saying "this ipod cannot be synced because the necessary file is missing" or something like that. so i just unplugged my ipod and plugged it back up and now itunes doesnt recognize it. my computer does though.

this rly sucks because the only reason i didnt resotre in the first place becuz i didnt want to lose all the apps i got off cydia and icy and stuff but now i dont care. i just want itunes to recognize it so i can restore! plz help
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    DFU mode should work. Try a DFU restore.
  3. yungl1nk

yungl1nk New Member

i rly only wanna do that as a last resort becuz if itunes doesnt recognize it then, ill be stuck with a non functioning iPod