iTunes not recognizing ipod touch on the white screen step.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by marq0330, Feb 4, 2009.

1. marq0330

marq0330 New Member

After I put my ipod touch in dfu mode and execute the proper commands and get the white screen I then execute the arm stop and go cammands that are listed but then when I open itunes so I could restore it with the custom firmware it doesnt recognize the ipod touch and says *could not contact update server* or something like that but anyway can you please help me out. I believe the error number is "-108"
  2. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hold shift and click on the restore button then browse to your custom firmware.
  3. marq0330

marq0330 New Member

No you dont understand. It does not show up at all in itunes. It just gives me that error message. Please help im so close to getting my ipod 2g jailbroken.
  4. Acester

Acester New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's probably something to do with the USB lib program..
    Are you running vista? If you are, did you install it in compatability mode?

I suggest restarting your computer..
  5. marq0330

marq0330 New Member

NO im using windows xp 32bit now and the usb lib seems to be working perfect. I have attempted multiple times and restarted multiple times. Im sure it isnt usblib because iRecovery picks it up normally.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Come on anybody know? Im using itunes version 8.2