Itunes not reading my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by xBENNYTEA636x, Mar 4, 2008.

1. xBENNYTEA636x

xBENNYTEA636x New Member

My Itunes isn't reading my ipod touch. I have the 16 gig, and I just had gotten done jailbreaking from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 from the Mobile Jailbreak.

I went to my music, and everything was gone. Now when i go to itunes with my ipod plugged in, my device doesn't show up. Whats going on?

I'm freaking out, and have been searching the forum for about 30 mins and can't fix anything. Please help??

EDIT: I got pissed and just restored. So now I guess I'm gonna have to go all the way back to 1.1.1
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The first problem is that you went to 1.1.4. The second seems to be a common issue today but I haven't seen the fix yet. Will post back if I find it.
  3. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    read my signature if you want to learn how to downgrade from 1.1.4
  4. minja3418

minja3418 New Member

learn posting in the right section
  5. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

This issue is caused in 1.1.4 if you try to symlink var/mobile/Media to var/root/Media - in 1.1.4 var/mobile/Media includes all your music and video and also something important that Itunes needs to recognise the Ipod. I had this problem jailbreaking 1.1.4 with Ziphone last night, all went fine and I was putting all my apps back in and was having some issues so i tried symlinks to move Media from mobile to root, which didn't help but I got round the problems anyway. It all looked just like I had it before, then I realised that Music crashed as soon as I opened it, and when I try to re-sync the ipod Itunes did not recognise it. Restored to a fresh 1.1.4, rejailbreaked and it is all working fine now, instead of symlinks I have just made sure the correct information is in the respective directive for the app to work. For example NES now uses mobile, but PSX4all still uses root.
  6. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you restored but itunes wasn't reading your ipod.. how did u manage that?