itunes not downloading from Apple

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jill, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Jill

Jill New Member

Please help. I'm on a jalopy Mac OS 9 with I.E. 5.1.7 and an old itunes 2.0.4 version.

Today I purchased an itouch and connected it to my computer. It evidently charged, but there's nothing after this.

I try downloading itunes 7, but when I get to the Apple Store, the link to download doesn't do anything.

I thought I could at least be able to charge the battery, then go to a wifi area and access the itunes store or the internet. I thought I could at least go to Borders and download songs into the itouch.

I have 15 days to return it and get a refund. But I'd rather own the itouch.

Does anyone know of a way I can sync (or get it rolling) (or whatever needs to be done) my new itouch without using my old home computer?

Please help me, and bear with me -> as I've searched your great Search link and still come up feeling lost. I'm sorry if this is a dummy question... but the beautiful 16 GB itouch just sits in the box right now, and it's breaking my heart.

Should I just return it? If I can find a friend with a more modern computer who has itunes, will this resolve things?

Thank you to anyone who has advice.

Kindly,
    Jill