iTunes not detecting

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mayhavebricked, Aug 25, 2009.

1. mayhavebricked

mayhavebricked New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Accidentally restored jailbroken ipod touch 1g. Now only shows apple logo. DFU mode not detected by iTunes. Recovery mode also not detected. SOS.
  2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    epic FAIL of a username. I 99.99% guarantee it you are entering DFU incorrectly. You pretty much can't brick an ipod.
  3. mayhavebricked

mayhavebricked New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i can enter DFU mode, but my pc only detects it as unknowns hardware. In device manager, it's listed as Apple Mobile Device but has a yellow exclamation mark and returns code 10 error- device can't be started.

does the apple store have some way of flashing the original firmware onto my ipod?
  4. nctech

nctech New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mine did this yesterday while I was jailbreaking. Except mine displayed no screen, and was not recognized at all by my computer. You can install the firmware your self. Have you tried the below method?

Do a reset on the touch.
    *Hold the power and home button for 10 seconds
    *Release the power button while still holding the home button
    *Hold the home button for 30 seconds(should only take about 12secs for the computer to recognize it, if connected to the computer you will hear it detect it)
    You can find a free firmware here. Go in to Itunes, Then hit the shift key(keyboard) and hit restore button, find you ipsw file you just downloaded, and carry on from there.