iTunes: not a good photo manager

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by weeboo, Jan 25, 2008.

1. weeboo

weeboo New Member

I'm new to iTunes - (haven't let it fully take over my music yet) and have a major beef with it's handling of photos. Why on earth they don't update iTunes to manage photos like it manages songs and movies?

To get the images I want on there from my already organized archive of images, I have to basically keep a separate folder and copy the images I want to it, then point iTunes to that folder. It's a pointless pain in the ass, and could be so much better.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

KEep in mind that iTunes is for "TUNES." and the movies part is simply an addon, and it is already bloatware as it is. If they added the iPhoto code to it, imagine how slow and worse it would be rather than improving it.

Should they also add an address book, iCal, etc. on it because iPods can have contacts and calendars?
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just order your pictures in folders, and on itunes say sync pictures and then click choose folder then put all the folders in your desktop and they will be arranged, in folders on your iPod
  4. weeboo

weeboo New Member

Dear God No. iTunes sucks enough as it is.

I hate that I have to use iTunes at all - but it aggravates me that it forces me to use it to add photos - but then does a horrible job of it. I mean, if it's crap, at least let me manage my ipod via some other method, heck, even simple file folders would rock.

And, don't kid yourself, iTunes is not for TUNES as you say. iTunes is clearly aimed at becoming a complete "manage all of your media" program.