itunes no longer recognizes ipod touch, please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by eze2008, Jul 7, 2008.

1. eze2008

eze2008 New Member

Hi, not really sure what happened but the last thing I did before prob. started is I used BossTools iPod Wiper to erase my sinq data. Now it seems when ever I connect my ipod touch itunes doesnt recognize it and tells me I have to restore it.
    this is the pop up window i get now when I connect my ipod

iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod "Ipods Name". Go to the Summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore to restore this iPod to factory settings.

Is there any way I can fix this without restoring my ipod, I have it just the way I want it and dont want to jailbreak it again and have to install all the games and apps I have on it.

Is there any way I can use WinSCP to transfer the songs to the ipod instead of using itunes.
    Thanks for the help.
  2. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    sorry but there is no real solution here. You can't transfer songs without iTunes. At least not that I know.

I'm sorry but backup and restore or just upgrade to 2.0.
    You could also take a look at tv link in my signature.
  3. keen83

keen83 New Member

same problem here....... wish theres a way to copy mp3s w/o using itunes.....
  4. DIDI2002

DIDI2002 New Member

MediaMonkey

Actually there is a way.
    you could use "mediamonkey"! It supports copying musi, playlists and podcasts to your iPod Touch / Iphone. Unfortunately, it does not support synchronizing your calendar and contacts.
  5. iBiite iChu

iBiite iChu Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

Yes, plug it into your computer try restoring it then immitialy slide to cancel.
    ------------------double post merged------------------

Don't know about this...
  6. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

actually, mediamonkey is widely used for non-ipod users, althought it does support ipod syncing. a lot of people use it for its versatility in codecs and playing different music files, including lossless and such.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaMonkey

check out the 'features' section.