iTunes Music swap

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Johnny Quest, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hey gang, I was wondering my friend has an ipod touch and I was thinking of loading some music for her, my question is would she be able to hook up her ipod touch to her computer and still be able to keep the music I loaded? is there a way to do it if she can't? thanks.
  2. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

if she manually manages her music than the music that you put on will stay there until she removes her music. If she syncs her ipod than you wont be able to put any music on.
  3. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    So, lets say that I downloaded those music on her ipod, and she wants to keep them but add more when she gets home, she would lose the ones I gave her? If so, is there a way that she can save them and put them on her playlist of itunes and put them back to her ipod whenever she wants?
    Thanks for responding.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can download SwapTunes. What it does is it moves all of your media to the "Other" part of your iPod, so you can sync music from a different library. You can then switch between the two libraries with the program, but you can't just combine them.

However, if you SSH on, you can remove the music from your iPod, SwapTunes back to your normal library, and resync the music.
  5. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ok thanks. I tried it but it only works with 1.1.2 or earlier. I'm on 1.1.3
  6. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

as long as she manually manages her music, the songs will still be there. If she syncs it than all music will be replaced with the songs from that library.

why dont you burn a disk or use a flash drive to transfer the songs to her computer? or as Danls92 say use swap tunes