iTunes mobile, didn't charge for song?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by mav56, Oct 29, 2007.

1. mav56

mav56 New Member

I have jailbroken my iPot, and just recently decided to try out the Apple iTunes Mobile store. I have an Apple account that does not have a credit card on file, so theoretically I should only be able to buy songs if i have free song codes that have been redeemed but not used. About an hour ago, I got a five free song code from Facebook, redeemed it, and decided to get my song off the mobile version just to use it. I bought the song, synched it to my computer, but my iTunes account on the computer still has "5 songs" displayed on the upper right corner. Could someone else try this out and see if it works? I want to make sure it's not just a display bug so i don't use my 4 remaining free songs or do anything illegal.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Trust, you will be charged for those songs form your five free songs code.
  3. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine does that too... it just doesn't update the iTunes store... DO this:

Click on your eimail address or user name in the itunes store (next to where your song credits are)
    Then type in your password an get your account info..... then it will update.
  4. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

It's a bug. I saw the same thing on my computer. When I logged in it told me that i had $40.00 in credits, but turns out, until you reload your profile from the servers, it might show your last credit before any new transactions. I thought I had a free $40.00 in credits, which turned out to be only $20.02 in the end when it refreshed.
  5. mav56

mav56 New Member

Hm, i could have sworn I already did that, but, never the less, I did it again and I sure enough was charged for it. Wow, you all are fast at replying.
  6. TJd

TJd New Member

how do you get the facebook credits?
  7. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

You see that tab waaaaay up at the top of the page marked 'search'? Click it and type in

facebook itunes

There ya go.
  8. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just one more note on the Facebook thing.... it no longer works, there are no more free iTunes songs on facebook, so don't even bother trying.
  9. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

I just did it today...it worked for me.
  10. TJd

TJd New Member

One more thing, I am registering to get a mac name, but i dont have a credit card for itunes store. How would i proceed when it asks me how im going to pay? (not a noob. just a lot of questions

Please Register or Log in to view images