itunes library with a new hdd?????

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by kee, Jan 14, 2009.

1. kee

kee New Member

ok, i always have my music on a different harddrive then the one i install windows on so i don't have to back them up when i restore windows. i recently re installed windows and backed up my itunes library files so i can still have all the same playlists and playcount.the drive that i keep my music on crashed(i think its because of constant ******* use) , i was able to back up the music (thank god!) and now all the music in the library can't be found since its in a different place then it used to be. is there a way to change every single song in the itunes library to a different place without finding each individual song? i have over 30,000 songs! that would take quite a while.
  2. mogey16816

mogey16816 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    delete everything in your itunes. If it asks to send to recycle bin, say no. Then go to where your songs are, highlight all of them, and drag them to your itunes folder in windows explorer. To get them into your itunes, keep the windows explorer open and when they finish moving, open itunes, highlight all your songs, and drag them to itunes.