iTunes killing my computer - HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Tadgerman, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Tadgerman

Tadgerman New Member

Hi all.
    I have an issue where by when I connect my iPod to iTunes and it starts to sync, after a couple of minutes it freezes my whole computer. Not able to Ctril, Alt, Del. I have to manually restart the computer.
    Just a bit of background though. Yesterday I was upgrading my computer and connected my iPod to my laptop, which wiped all my songs, movies etc. Also I have installed a fresh copy of XP and updated to service pack 3. Would any of this contribute to this problem or is it more likely to be software problems with iTunes?

many thanks
  2. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    RAM problems? you might not have enough RAM... or there are many Processes that are running in the background...
  3. Tadgerman

Tadgerman New Member

I have 4GB RAM, and brand new AMD 6000 Dualcore processor. Processes are at 38 which is not very many. I was thinking it could be hardware related, but it doesn't seem to crash at any other time, just when itunes is open. I have also uninstallated and reinstalled all itunes/apple related software.
    STILL NO LUCK
  4. elite4life

elite4life New Member

5. 10doii

10doii New Member

umm...

Your computer is definately powerful enough. I would suggest maybe getting an older version(or maybe update) of itunes and see if that works.
  6. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    re-install it