itunes keeps bugging me to update!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by jaa55, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

the January updates will not go away no matter how many times ive clicked no thanks, now it wont even let me into my ipod!!!!!! i click no thanks and then it has the janaury update screen again and just says OK at the bottom i click OK it takes me to the itunes store!!! i need this to go away!
  2. TimHyland

TimHyland New Member

Happening to a lot of people at the moment, including myself

Very annoying! I was actually beginning to like iTunes!
  3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you got the "disconnect from internet, then plug your touch in" fix, right?
  4. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

well that works but its still just as annoying!
  5. music4life

music4life Active Member

Agreed. Apple just needs to lay off us Jailbreakers. It's our hobbie! We can't be arsed to click "No Thanks" every time!
  6. proudwanderer

proudwanderer New Member

You don't even need to do that.

All you need to do is unplug the ipod --- wait for it to disappear from itunes --- then plug it back in.

As soon as you plug it back in you will notice that the itunes store will try to load up (to ask you to buy the updates of course).

When this is happening, quickly click the "X" to prevent it from loading - and you will get to the sync page.

Yes, it is very annoying - as this will need to be done every single time you plug in - otherwise it will go into the endless loop of software update -> itunes store

Is this a bug --- or is it deliberate?

I can't see how this is legal ---- you can't possible **FORCE** people to buy the software can you?

Oh, and by the way, it's not just jailbroken ipods.

I tried restoring and updating to 1.1.3 proper via iTunes and no JB ---- and still get the nag screen.

The only people without the nag screen are those that have paid and bought the software.
  7. proudwanderer

proudwanderer New Member

Even that won't work.

If you click "No, Thanks" it will just bring you to the iTunes store - and then you go back to the ipod - you still got the same page - this time with the "OK" button - which when you click goes straight to the itunes store again --- and is an endless loop.

The only way to bypass it is to do what I describe above.
  8. touran22

touran22 Member

thaks for tip it works saved me alot of hastle damn aple!
  9. phoomp

phoomp New Member

This is very annoying. Does it happen to:
    a) Non-Jailbroken at 1.1.3
    b) Non-Jailbroken at 1.1.3 with the software update
    c) Jailbroken at 1.1.2
    ?

It would seem to me that this is deliberate, otherwise Apple would have released a fix right aways.
  10. FallenTheory20X6

FallenTheory20X6 New Member

yeah, I called Apple and asked them about this, apparently it's a bug in their iTunes, it only shows up for Touchs, not any other type of iPod, The Apple technician told me that, "it's a bug in iTunes and we're currently working on fixing it, and that the updates aren't necessary at all, they're just something to make it easier to use the touch."