itunes jan update bug FIX!!!!!! (i hope)

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by commanderbdokey, Feb 13, 2008.

1. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

try this...

iPod Upgrade information is preventing you from connecting to iTunes quickly and syncing your iPod.
    To correct this please open your iTunes application and click on the iTunes pull down menu. From this menu choose 'Preferences' then click on the 'General Tab'. In this page please remove the check mark from in front of 'check for updates automatically.' This should correct the issue for you.

or u can also try clicking on the cross '+' when it starts to access itunes store, it'll start to load it again, just keep pressing the cross, it might take 4 or 5 clicks, then your ipod sync window should come up.

this should stop the update from showing up but itunes will still access the itunes store but itll freeze during that time, just click the "x" button and itll take u to ur ipod touch summary.
  2. Eggroll822

Eggroll822 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea the unchecking didn't work for me this page is so annoying, I guess apple really wants you to buy this crap and never give you the chance to edit you sync options.

I just hit the X when it says accesing iTunes Store either when you plug your ipod in or when you hit no thanks.
  3. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

this method will only stop itunes from trapping you from the jan update. the pop out will still appear but once u get the error it ll take you back to the summary of your ipod touch instead of having to get stuck on the jan update home page