iTunes isn't letting me buy games (Please help)

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by tdbaker, Oct 31, 2009.

1. tdbaker

tdbaker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iTunes isn't letting me buy games (Canadians can't buy apps)

The box on the top corner even says that I have $13.01 left on my gift card, but whenever I try to make a purchase, it asks me for credit card or debit whereas I want to play with the gift card that still has 13 bucks.

Someone please help.

Thanks.

EDIT:

I was just able to buy game 7 Stanley Cup Finals (Penguins vs Wings) on iTunes...and it deducted money from my account.

When I went to buy an app, it didn't let me buy it. Does anyone know why? Could it be settings...or any other reason?
  2. tktab911

tktab911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello tdbaker,

It wouldn't show 13.01 on your "gift card" it would show 13.01 on your "*balance*". There a difference-- or on the newer version of iTunes it shows "Your account has $72.32" (itd be "Your account has $13.01" on your screen). If you used a giftcard, its worthless now, just as a blank debit or expired visa xD.

1. Try logging out-in of your iTunes account

If that doesn't work and still bothers you about it, please tell me what exactly its asking (maybe a screenshot?). Such as a;
    • Debit
    • Credit Card
    option? Where you would click/check one for your choice.

2. Re-install iTunes

if THAT doesn't do it... then you may have a bigger problem...

3. Change the email your account is registered
    4. Remove (and add again if you wish) a credit/debit card from your account if you can.
    5. Make sure your account is updated (if you use an ipod touch/iphone and made a purchase, your itunes account info may not have been updated). this can be fixed by simply closing-opening-visiting the iTunes Store section again.

If none of the options i posted--worked, please PM me (or post again here) and i'll do my best to help again.
  3. tdbaker

tdbaker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks a lot for replying back.

Yes, on the top left corner when I sign on, it says, "Your Account has $13.01".

I tried signing in and out.....and it still didn't work.

When I try to buy an app, it goes to the payment page and asks me for debit/credit information when I want to pay it with the $13.01 left.

Here's some screenshots:

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is when I clicked on the app to buy the game, and I entered my password for my account....this is where it takes me:

Please Register or Log in to view images

NOTE: All of my personal info. is there so not a problem about cpaturing my information....I didn't want my personal info. to be up on an open board.

I don't want to use debit or credit...and no where does it say I can use $13.01 there so what do I do?

Thanks for your help, and looking forward to your reply.
  4. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is the gift card specifically for iTunes? If so, have you tried the "redeem" link below the shown balance?
  5. tdbaker

tdbaker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^^

Yes, I have tried that, and it still doesn't work.

Now, I'm I'm trying to contact Apple and see the problem.
  6. tdbaker

tdbaker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was just able to buy game 7 Stanley Cup Finals (Penguins vs Wings) on iTunes...and it deducted money from my account.

When I went to buy an app, it didn't let me buy it. Does anyone know why? Could it be settings...or any other reason?

So it's letting me buy Sports game (Game 7 of Stanley Cup Finals), but not apps such as a Tennis or a chess game.
  7. tdbaker

tdbaker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apparently, in Canada, you can't use Gift Card to buy apps. Now....I guess I'm spending it on music, but the main purpose of the Gift Card was for games and apps.

What a stupid rule!