itunes is so freakin slow

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by papakep, Aug 26, 2009.

1. papakep

papakep New Member

Device:
    iPad
    if i click on something in itunes it takes forever to switch to it. its extremely annoying and its slowing my computer down as well. my laptop isnt even 8 months old either
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try re downloading the newest version of iTunes, from apple's website, also, check your process list, you may have a virus eating up memory. Check for a process that has an odd name maybe, check for single letter .exe's as they are common viruses, and i had my antivirus scan the file itself on my hard drive and nothing happened(virus was called b.exe,e.exe,a.exe, and so on) or maybe something u forgot to shut off your ******* program after downloading ummm redsnow lmao those programs eat up memory, so just take a look, if nothing is there then post back ill try to help more
  3. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, iTunes kind of, i dunno, SUCKS. Usually takes 3 minutes to start on my laptop. Forever to sync, just awful.
  4. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    oh, well im assuming the three of us are on windows, bc once mine is running its fast, but in the first 2 minutes after the window opens, i have to wait, and wait and wait for it to register my ipod, if i dont wait and go to click, it freezes and i have to kill the process, along with anything apple related on my computer, its annoying as hell.. but once it gets past that it works, besides for video playback, but i think its my rock for a video card lol
  5. soccerdude

soccerdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it works flawlessly on my imac, its obviously not built for windows haha
  6. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol of course not, microsoft doesnt really want apple stuff on their computers though, apple has preinstalled(i beleive) programs to emulate windows xp and/or vista, and a secondary program boots into windows, but mac on a pc is left to the 3rd party, with half-ass results, take it from me, lol
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It takes a little longer to start up on Windows than Mac, but still takes a few seconds to open.
    The only thing slow in iTunes is the iTunes store.
  8. papakep

papakep New Member

Device:
    iPad
    heres what my processes look like. i have 4gb of ram

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. utternutter

utternutter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine runs really slow too, especially when switching between different categories like from the iTunes store to Apps and Devices. iTunes updates don't help

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's even slower switching to my iPod tab