iTunes is ridiculous, someone please help

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Canuck, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Canuck

Canuck New Member

Okay, well my iTunes on Windows has always been a little screwed up, but now it's just plain ridiculous how bad it is. Recently, iTunes started having trouble syncing my iPod Touch - it would say that it's done syncing but still have the syncing icon next to the iPod name on the left side rotating. And instead of my iPod saying "Sync in Progress", it would just flash that for a moment then go to the home screen, as if it were complete. But now, it's gotten progressively worse, to the point where the thing can't install ANY of my apps. It just sort of ignores my requests to sync to put new apps on, and tells me it's "Syncing..." when it's really not doing anything at all. I've left it like that for hours and when I come back, NOTHING has changed. I can't get it to install or remove apps on my iPod, and it's absolutely ridiculous. I don't want to have to do all my app-downloading on my iPod, but iTunes is so effing stupid that I guess I have to.

If anyone has any kind of solution to this problem, I would be extremely grateful. This is literally driving me crazy. I always knew iTunes for Windows sucked, but I never knew it could be THIS terrible. Makes me envy Mac users even more.
  2. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

I had this problem too. I can't remember what I did to fix it. I feel like it had something to do with backing up though, but you said you left it for several hours so I'm not sure. Try a different USB Port. I'm really sorry if this is no help, I had this problem 2-3 times and I fixed it both times, I just can't quite remember how.
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

RR

Try and repair iTunes (in control panel) and restore after iTunes repairs.
    Worked for me!
  4. Canuck

Canuck New Member

Okay, I figured out that part of the problem is Categories on 2.0. It seems to screw up app syncing. So I removed that and now things are running better, but iTunes is still buggy, though at least I solved part of the problem.