iTunes & iPod Touch Problems...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Iogan, May 29, 2010.

1. Iogan

Iogan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I put my iPod Touch into DFU Mode (holding home and sleep button), and I connected it to iTunes, and it said something about recovering your iPod and updating it to 3.1.3, and I clicked agree/yes/whatever.

So, it started to begin the update and yada yada, but once it starts to prepare my iPod for it, it always comes up with the error 1604, a connection error I believe! Now, it doesn't even show my iPod on iTunes or, my computer... My iPod has the USB -> iTunes image on it but how can I get iTunes to recognize my iPod? I've done the 5R's — reset, restart, reinstall...etc... and it still doesn't recognize my iPod. Sometimes, when I plug it in it'll say apple mobile device, but when I go to my computer it doesn't show anything and when I go to iTunes it still doesn't...

Help! Please!
  2. mbr12

mbr12 New Member

First make sure "Apple Mobile devices" is started. Go to start>control panel>administrative services>services. Click on Apple mobile devices and make sure it's started or restart it. Also right click on a-m-d and make sure automatic is selected in the drop down panel and not disable. That may do it.
  3. Iogan

Iogan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It says, "MMC create the snap-in" When I go to the administrative services and then services.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Woops, I meant, "MMC couldn't create the snap-in" or something like that.