iTunes/ iPhone help needed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2xtreme, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 2xtreme

2xtreme Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I recently lost my entire iTunes library from my computer, however I still have all my music on my iPhone. I tried to sync the iPhone with the reinstalled iTunes and I get this prompt. "Your iPhone is currently synced with another iTunes library, do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes." I have no music or contacts in this new iTunes. Is there a way for me to get my info off my iPhone back to iTunes??? I am currently on 3.1 and I'm not jailbroken.
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Do you still have a recent backup of your iPhone?

There are ways to get music from an iPod / iPhone back onto a computer but I have not played with one for a while.
  3. 2xtreme

2xtreme Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I don't believe so, iTunes was completely removed from my computer then reinstalled. I'm afraid if I sync now I will loose everything.
  4. tomlaw

tomlaw Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    did u buy them from itunes..... cuz if u did u can transfer purchases from hte iphone onto the computer but no the contacts
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

I don't think you'd lose the backup even if you lost iTunes (not certain though). I'd check and see if you do have a backup though:

Mac:
    "User"/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

PC:
    C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\SyncServices\Local

Check the date on the backup folder if you need to know which was created more recently.
  6. 2xtreme

2xtreme Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the back-up date goes back to last year, now what should I do??