itunes in ubuntu?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ranko95, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What's up guys?

I was Googling around today and I found this: http://www.huanix.com/sync-in-linux/...e#iTunes4Linux

Its a project that started a while ago whose goal was to sync and iPhone or iPod touch with iTunes running with wine.

So far they have only gotten iTunes to "see" that the iPod is there. I was wondering if anyone has successfully done this. It looks like the project has been abandoned.

Right now i use itunes in virtualbox with a tinyxp install. Its incredibly slow and it doesnt look like there is a fix to this.

Or is there any other way of syncing my ipod touch 2g without itunes or doing a full install. I have heard about using amarok or gtkpod but i dont know if they really work.

Thanks!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bump!
  2. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No because of the way iTunes works it requires a lot of other elements. You are much better off running iTunes in a VM.

I haven't checked on the progress of GTKpod, you might look into it if all you are interested in is music and photos as it has no app store access.
  3. NobleRooster

NobleRooster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Doesn't RhythmBox work with syncing iPods and stuff? I may be wrong though. :/
  4. Callapidae

Callapidae New Member

Syncing (new) ipods in linux is practically impossible, I have been down that road and its not pretty. Your best bet is a separate windows partition. Cumbersome but effective.