itunes help after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hazzah, Mar 25, 2009.

1. hazzah

hazzah New Member

i jailbroke my ipod touch 2g a few weeks ago and it worked fine, itunes worked and everything was great. then i noticed it was taking longer and longer to sync music. nowitunes says that it cant recognize my ipod and that i must restore it. however, it still has all the tabs and i can view the music, videos etc... WTH? it also recognizes my ipods name. but when i try to sync even one song it takes like an hour to sync. should i unjailbreak? i have tried this already but the 2.2.1 i downloaded did not have an ipsw to restore to!?!? everyone else says that they used 2.2.1 to restore but mine doesn't even have an ipsw! WTH is going on?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    have you tried a reboot? of both your computer and your ipod?
  3. hazzah

hazzah New Member

yes but the same things happen. Thx for your quick response!
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I would suggest re-installing iTunes, but if you don't want to do that just restore and rejailbreak and see if it fixes it.
  5. hazzah

hazzah New Member

i will try and see if reinstalling itunes works, but when i try to restore to original firmware, the original firmware has no ipsw in it, just a few dmgs, txts and folders. WTH. this may sound really noob but can you give me detailled instructions on how to do this. (i already know the ctrl+alt thing). but theres nothing to select after that.