iTunes has Cleared itself, Library Is Still On iPOD, How Can I Get it back to iTunes?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by AaronMc, Nov 1, 2007.

1. AaronMc

AaronMc New Member

Right, basically my computer has been playing up. My iTunes Library has completely gone, however I still have all my files on my iPOD. How do I get these files from my iPod to my computer, as surely as soon as i plug it in, it will sync it back to nothing. Thanks for your help.
  2. AaronMc

AaronMc New Member

Also sorry, how do I make iTunes not open when I plug in my iPod. I have a program called CopyPod for the above question, but now as soon as i plug inthe ipod itunes opens, and will start syncing back to nothing.
  3. lildudejds

lildudejds Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys, new here.

To answer both questions. There are programs for getting songs from your ipod back to the computer. A great one is PodUtil.

To the second....you can go into Itunes and set the settings so it won't open when you plug in your ipod. Im not exactly sure how as i don't have itunes open, and....im too lazy to open it up and find it, but it shouldn't take you long to figure it out.
  4. AaronMc

AaronMc New Member

I have looked and cant find it, but at the moment it does not seem to be a problem. Yes I have CopyPod but it wont recognise my iPod touch. Very annoying, will try your program, does it alow the touch to be recognised?
  5. AaronMc

AaronMc New Member

Right, I have tried 2 programs now, not PodUtil as I cand find it for donwload, and they both wont recognise my iPod. I dont understand whats going on, and I really dont want to oe all of my ipods music.
  6. Statikk

Statikk New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure those type of applications will only work with iPods that can be accessed like a removable drive. Not sure if there is a solution for this on the Touch yet.
  7. muhkuh

muhkuh New Member

1)
    if you have windows, just go in the taskmanager before you connect your ipod and kill itunes, ituneshelper, and applemobile (not sure how exactly this is called) but most of the times only ituneshelper is runnning

this should prevent itunes to launch when you plug in your ipod

2)
    i read something that if you use this tools to upload music to your ipod touch it wont get recognized by itunes anymore.

the ipod touch should have some sort of crc checksum to prevent 3rd party utils.

not sure if thats true, i just read something like that

on the other hand you found out by yourself that most of this tools wont work with the ipod touch, but as times go by there will for sure be some alternatives.

muh!