iTunes freezes my iPOD

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by daisyd0477, Oct 8, 2009.

1. daisyd0477

daisyd0477 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I have heard of plugging in the iPOD and it freezes iTunes, but mine is doing the opposite. I just updated to the newest version of iTunes a couple of days ago. When I plug in my iPOD, it freezes and looks like this ipod.jpg

I have done a recovery and restored it back to the factory settings. It will work fine and everything is gone. I try to sync my iTunes to my iPOD and it freezes again. Any suggestions regarding this issue will be helpful!
  2. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try DFU mode and restore. Or maybe reinstalling iTunes..... just guesses and suggestions... Maybe deleting your library files in itunes and letting itunes rebuild the database for your library would work. They are .xml files I think. And if you delete them (not your library itself) iTunes will build a new file, the old one could be corrupted.
  3. daisyd0477

daisyd0477 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not very technical when it comes to this kind of stuff....what is the DFU mode? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes and it did not help. I will try the other thing you said to do with the library files....at this point I am willing to try anything!!
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  5. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    why do you always say "IPOD" and not "iPod"??? cause caps means that you are shouting did you know that??
  6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He's not saying anything. He's typing. Typing in caps doesn't mean you're shouting anything. He can type it out however he wants.

You asking that is like me asking why you didn't capitalize the first words in your sentences.

daisy, Try reinstalling iTunes.
  7. daisyd0477

daisyd0477 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and it did not work. I will try the DFU thing over the weekend. I miss my music

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. daisyd0477

daisyd0477 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what do you care? i will type it however i want.
  9. Scott_T

Scott_T New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    daisyd0477
    You're using a PC with iTunes 9 right? It won't sync. I've been having the same problem and a friend just bought a new Touch and has never been able to sync it. Here's the only solution I've been able to come up with (from one of my earlier posts):

There is a huge problem with iTunes 9. Whenever I try to sync my Touch the PC locks up with SyncServer.exe using upwards of 50% CPU time. My Touch simply fails to sync, no matter how long I wait. Checking the various forums I've found hundreds of complaints about this. Apple is ignoring the problem and all the people it affects. I spoke to several of the in store "genius" folk and it seems the official Apple line is that there is no problem. My Touch worked perfectly with iTunes 8, but any version of 9 kills it. The solution is to find someone with iTunes 8 installed and running and copy SyncServer.exe from this location (XP and Vista) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin. The file will have version number 8.2.399.0 and the date modified should be 5/29/2009. On your PC rename the existing SyncServer.exe file to something like SyncServer.exe.CRAP. Then copy the file from iTunes 8 and put it into the same location on your PC running iTunes 9 (make sure iTunes is not running first - obviously). This will fix your problem. It also significantly speeds up iTunes for some odd reason. Hope this helps. Please spread the word too.

P.S. If need be you can roll back to iTunes 8.2. Get it from from www.oldapps.com. When you uninstall iTunes 9 you need to make sure that you remove ALL the iTunes folders from your PC, but most important, delete this entire directory (after uninstalling iTunes of course): C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple. Just delete the entire Apple folder. The uninstall doesn't remove this so the new SyncServer.exe file stays on your PC. When you install iTunes 8.2 it will not overwrite the newer files so your Touch won't sync and you've wasted a lot of time. Best of luck.
  10. daisyd0477

daisyd0477 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I finally ended up fixing it. I uninstalled and re-installed itunes. Then I put it in recovery mode and set it up as a new ipod and it has worked fine for weeks! Just recently, i had downloaded some new apps onto it. I just went to sync it and when it tries to transfer over a free bowling game I got, itunes freezes. WTF now????