itunes freeze after synch

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Aaron81, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Aaron81

Aaron81 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi!
    I've been having this problem for a loong time now and it's getting pretty frustrating....
    First I plug my 2nd gen itouch in everything is fine itunes comes up and when i put a song on the itouch it says synching ipod and then it just freezes and i have to kill the process to stop it.... and this wouldn't be such a big problem is at least the song would actually get synched onto the itouch but it's not on it....
    I have looked around but found nothing useful... please help if you can!
    thank in advance, Aaron
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you on the latest version of iTunes?
  3. Aaron81

Aaron81 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes... 9.1
  4. GTRAFF

GTRAFF New Member

i keep getting the same problem and it is really starting to get really annoying!
  5. davidallen

davidallen New Member

i get the same problem also, it happened on both 8.2 and 9. its so stupid, the gapless playback info also. i highlighted all and set them to not part of a gapless album and it still cycles thru 4 gigs of my music for gapless playback info. itunes is trash, unfortunately were stuck wth it
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    use itunes 8. someone should make a program called MyTunes that is iPod compatible. that would be awesome!!
  7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    It happens to me on XP. All you have to do is WAIT a minute or two or three

Please Register or Log in to view images

It will unfreeze and let you select the apps you want/don't want. Just be patient!
  8. Aaron81

Aaron81 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well the problem is that it doesn't unfreeze for me... and waiting still doesn't solve the problem... what i mean by that it shouldn't be happening at al....

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Scott_T

Scott_T New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a huge problem with iTunes 9. Whenever I try to sync my Touch the PC locks up with SyncServer.exe using upwards of 50% CPU time. My Touch simply fails to sync, no matter how long I wait. Checking the various forums I've found hundreds of complaints about this. Apple is ignoring the problem and all the people it effects. I spoke to several of the in store "genius" folk and it seems the official Apple line is that there is no problem. My Touch worked perfectly with iTunes 8, but any version of 9 kills it. The solution is to find someone with iTunes 8 installed and running and copy SyncServer.exe from this location (XP and Vista) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin. The file will have version number 8.2.399.0 and the date modified should be 5/29/2009. On your PC rename the existing SyncServer.exe file to comething like SyncServer.exe.CRAP. Then copy the file from iTunes 8 and put it into the same location on your PC running iTunes 9 (make sure iTunes is not running first - obviously). This will fix your problem. It also significantly speeds up iTunes for some odd reason. Hope this helps. Please spread the word too.
  10. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my iTuens can't even find the syncserver how do fix it