iTunes Files, confusion...?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by zBusterCB87, Aug 8, 2010.

1. zBusterCB87

zBusterCB87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi all,

I have been looking around for quite some time now and have gotten many answers and no real answer, and I don't have other conputers avaliable to test these answers, thats why I'm posting... :/

I have my laptop, so?
    well I have iTunes installed, ok?

iTunes Holds all my info such as, my playlists, and selected songs with the little check mark...
    Well I have for example 60,000 songs and I have 4,000 on my iPod Touch 3G... And like 20 playlists or so...

How can I reload my laptop and keep this information from being lost??? Along with my Apps and contacts and whatever cuz I also have like 400 some contacts each with mutipal emails and phone numbers and addresses... :/

I need to reload lappy due to some other reason...fail
    I got a 500 GB external HHD that I copy'ed all my music to...
    I mean, I can write everything down like I did last time, But that took like 6 weeks to finish manually putting everything back in... :/
    Thankz many for your input!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

**EDIT**

PS: sorry if this thread is in wrong spot, I was looking around and this seemed like the best place for now to ask...
  2. Touched

Touched New Member

I'm very interested on this too. I don't have any problem atm, but i've got the feeling that my lap is going to die someday soon, and i dont think i can copy all my apps from the itunes folders, and then copy them back into my other computer's itunes folder can i? Dont think so because it would be so easy to make a bad use of that.
    Waiting for an answer aswell
  3. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
  4. Touched

Touched New Member

Thanks vm! So if i understood right this will not only back up my musix but also my downloaded apps right? Ty again
  5. zBusterCB87

zBusterCB87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think I seen this once before in a link of another form but people were saying this did not work for them... there were like some kind of issues with recognition or comparability or something... :/

But It says that when I select songs that it will copy the ones I selected and leave the originals in their place...

Won't this wast HHD space...?
    Also, if I make this library in the link, copy to external, then re add after I reload my computer along with re adding my entire library, Won't their be doubles of every song I had checked?
    The checked ones, and the same exact unchecked ones...fail

I'm just wondering which files that itunes uses are the proper ones to copy without messing things up but still working... so it knows what songs to recheck and what play-lists to remake, but not adding or removing anything extra, like doubles... :/

idk, it was a lot of manual work last time and having to go through that again....rofl...hopefully not...
    I appreciate everyone help

Please Register or Log in to view images

**EDIT**
    Sorry Browser lagging... :/