Itunes fails to install 2.1 on device HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Ipoodtouch, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Ipoodtouch

Ipoodtouch New Member

Hi guys, I was hoping someone could help me out on this. I have been trying to update my iphone currently on version 2.0.2 to 2.1, and when I try to install it on itunes, it first extracts the software, then attempts to backup my iphone, but it fails, and says "Itunes could not sync ^0 To the Iphone because an unknown error occurred (-30). This also happens when I sync the device to itunes. The backup takes very long to even begin, and then the error message appears. Please give me suggestions on how to fix this problem. Thanks!
    BTW my iphone is not hacked or modded or unlocked. It is legit.
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Well, first off don't post multiple threads.

As for your problem, change USB ports and you may need to restart your computer.
    Now, you will need to place the iPhone in DFU Mode.
    Restore and it should work. If not, then do it a few more times. Restart the computer, change USB ports, and be sure your iPhone is in DFU mode.

If this still does not work, you may need to reinstall iTunes, although DFU mode should cause your iPhone to restore.
  3. Ipoodtouch

Ipoodtouch New Member

What if I havent performed a backup? Will I lose my data? As of right now I am typing this, and my device crashed... and when I restart it the screen freezes at the apple boot logo. Any suggestions?