iTunes error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Achy9, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, I have an iPhone 3G running on 3.1.2. It's been jailbroken (with blackra1n) and unlocked for a while. I never had major issues with it till today..
    I plugged it into iTunes to transfer a game I got a promo code for, and after it finished syncing, it gave me error:

The iPhone "Name's iPhone" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-48) followed by:
    The iPhone "Name's iPhone" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-6999) followed by:
    The sync was not complete (or something along those lines).

I checked my phone and had the application on it which did not work by the way.
    So I synced again, same problem so I just closed iTunes and unplugged the phone.
    Plugged it back in, opened iTunes, and it gave me the "Set Up your iPhone" screen (set up as new iphone or restore from the backup of: ).
    On the phone, I tried opening BeejiveIM, Pandora, Convertbot, and a couple other applications and none of them work. There are a couple games that work, but most of the apps don't.

I don't really have a problem restoring besides:

1. Have to re-theme which is not that hard
    2. Have to re-install the apps, which is not really an issue either
    3. I'm running on 3.1.2 and I need the unlock, so I don't know if I can restore with a custom firmware and still jailbreak

I was just wondering what may have caused it and if there's an easier fix than restoring..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Fixed the non-working apps by deleting one of the apps and reinstalling from the appstore.
  2. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Anyone? IT still shows the "Set up your iPhone" screen when I plug it in.
  3. kingkong92

kingkong92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    try using a different usb cord.
  4. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for the reply, but it didn't help.
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    This is the only fix I can think of, but give it a try if you want full access back.

Do a full restore and update, just plug into iTunes and click "restore" then a pop-up will come and press "restore + update", wait for the process to finish. Make sure you set-up as a new iPhone, and don't sync any applications.

Sync each application one by one, and then try your applications after each one is installed, this will let you figure out if it is an application causing the problem, and if so you'll have to remove that specific application and wait for an update to it.
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    SSH you're themes to your computer, restore, rejailbreak, reunlock, and SSH you're themes or whatever you can backup. If you back up your jailbroken apps, a few will work, and youll have to set permissions from Terminal or winSCP.
  7. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I had everything backed up, was ready to restore. Clicked on "Restore from the backup of" and unplugged the cable 5 sec into it. The phone said Restore complete and rebooted. iTunes crashed but I opened it back up and everything is back to normal. It was pretty weird, but no problems so far.
    Thanks for the replies people.