Itunes error, 4 GB of "other"??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by A Famous Rockstar, Oct 20, 2009.

1. A Famous Rockstar

A Famous Rockstar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just recently jailbroke my ipod touch 2g, FW 3.1.2 with Blackra1n. I installed cydia, and restored to a backup (to get all of my songs on my recent profile on) and this happened.

I go to summary, and for my ipod it says "4.something GB - 'other'", anyone know what "Other" may be? I only installed cydia and winterboard so far, and i had it jailbroken when i was using 3.0 FW as well, why is it doing this now? Any solutions?

Also when i try to click on the Applications tab, next to summary, nothing happens (won't so me the applications page). Music, Photos, podcasts tabs work but not applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is it really taken up or is itunes just saying that?
  3. A Famous Rockstar

A Famous Rockstar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    According to my ipod, it also says there is only 272mb of space left (under settings/general/about).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    For anyone willing to lend a hand, should i restore and JB again? Or is there a way in iphonebrowser/winSCP to find out what's taking up so much room.

I have the dictionary.com app, legit, i know that's supposed to be big but why would it be in other?

And its really frustrating that nothing happens when i click on the Applications tab in itunes (on the "So and so's Ipod" page), any reason this is happening? Could it be possibly due to the fact that its jailbroken?

Again, any help is appreciated.