iTunes Error (14)...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by blaze9, Mar 24, 2009.

1. blaze9

blaze9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys,

Alright, This is my 4th iTouch I'm jailbreaking. All of them so far have been G2, and up to the 3rd one, the only error's I've been getting were 160x errors, which I solved easily(found a tut on here).

Now this is my 4th iTouch 2G I'm jailbreaking, and it keeps giving me errors, I tried the same tut for 160x errors, but it won't work. I can restore to the original FW easily, but not to any custom FW. I used QuickFreedom to make my FW file.

When I try to jailbreak it, itunes extracts the software, and prepares the itouch for updating. The silver apple shows up on the itouch, and the bar gets to roughly 70-80%, and iTunes keeps giving me the same error. "the ipod "ipod" could not be updated. (14)."

It's really bugging me.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Should I make a new FW file, using a different program?

Thanks for any, and all help.

~Blaze
  2. cooper999

cooper999 New Member

I am having the same problem, Except I couldnt restore to original firmware. After countless attempts over a weekend I finally managed to do it. I have naother thread trying to seek help on this and still no luck with replys ARG!
  3. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I used unofficialsnow
    try it

or use a different user account on your computer
  4. blaze9

blaze9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    alright, I got it to work. I either, A. Got lucky, and it worked, or B, fixed the problem.

The only thing I did was make a new CFW file using QuickFreedom. This time I used an original Boot Logo, instead of using my own. I put it into DFU, applied redsn0w *QuickFreedom* and restored on iTunes using the newly created CFW.

~Blaze