iTunes DRM-free tracks drop to 99

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by iPodiTouch, Oct 16, 2007.

1. iPodiTouch

iPodiTouch New Member

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I know! I'm so angry because I literally just bought almost 300 DRM free tracks at full price earlier today!

That sucks!
  3. Roflcopter_Down

Roflcopter_Down New Member

Still too expensive...
  4. iPodiTouch

iPodiTouch New Member

Well I am figuring this is iTunes war with Amazon mp3 store which has DRM free music for 0.89cents (if I am not mistaken I have never used amazon mp3 store) so I am hoping my the holiday season apple will be forced to push it DRM free music down to 0.89cents
  5. Roflcopter_Down

Roflcopter_Down New Member

Apple won't and has no need to. iTunes is by FAR the greatest seller of music. I'm quite surprised that they sell nonDRMed songs @ $1 now. You said that you haven't purchased anything from amazon.com (even though its cheaper) so Apple has no need to reduce their prices any more. Apple hasn't been known for its competitive pricing.
  6. Rallos

Rallos New Member

I would be inclined to agree. It would be nice if Apple were to lower it's pricing to try to be competitive but I really don't see that happening anytime soon and if it does it will be a short time promotion type deal around christmas. The only thing I would hope to come from this "rivalry" of sorts is that iTunes would take the DRM off of all of their music but then again, I don't see this happening either.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. iPodiTouch

iPodiTouch New Member

I guess thats when you got a strong hold on the market you can do as apple does. so what you guys are saying to me is that in a nut shell there is nothing that can force Steve Jobs hands to lower the price of the music I mean sh*t man this iTunes thing
  8. flash84x

flash84x New Member

i agree here as well, the convenient for people who already buy or will buy music on itunes is worth the 10cents extra, dropping from 1.29 to .99 was needed though

for the people who wont pay the extra 10cents they are probably already downloading illegally and importing to itunes
  9. synagence

synagence New Member

Great ... that now means that DRM songs on itunes store in the UK are now exactly double the price of the itunes store USA since ours are still £0.99
  10. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

I agree too much