iTunes downgrade question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Orpheus, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Orpheus

Orpheus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I dont know if this is the right topic for this, but i need your help.

I have a 2.0 Ipod touch with lots of bought apps and itunes 7.7 and now i want to jailbreak it... As i understood I need to downgrade to 1.1.4, downgrade itunes to 7.5, winpwn the 1.1.4, then get a custom firmware 2.0 from somewhere and flash it to the ipod, right?

My question is, if would downgrade itunes to 7.5, would I lose all my bought apps? Do i have to re-download all the apps again? Can i just backup them and later when upgraded to 7.7 copy them back?

Thanks
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    nope they are saved in /My Documents/My music/iTunes/ then there is a folder called apps or something =]
  3. touran22

touran22 Member

how can i save my playlist along with my artwork etc becuase i spent a long time organising everything! i want to downgrade itunes to jailbreak 2.0?
  4. slonate

slonate Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok, I'll say this again. Use this guide and you will keep all your music, videos, apps, etc. Requires a Mac.
  5. ohdarlingx

ohdarlingx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If you're on WINDOWS, to save your playlists and stuff copy this file: Itunes Library.itl

from C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Music\iTunes

and save it somewhere safe. Downgrade, upgrade whatever you want, but to get everything back just replace the library with the file you save earlier and it should all be back. And atwork is saved to the mp3 file itself, so it shouldn't be lost if Itunes is tampered with at all.

Also, I believe your purchases are tied to your iTunes account therefore as long as you can login you won't have to buy any applications again.
  6. Orpheus

Orpheus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)