itunes doesnt sync ipod (with screen shot)

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by xxx037, Mar 6, 2008.

1. xxx037

xxx037 New Member

plz i need help. this is the second post on this subject my first post was kinda ignored so i still dont know what to do: i restored and updated my 8gb itouch to latest firmware(1.1.4) cus i had jailbroken it and the jailbreak worked fine but i couldnt sync with itunes. itunes opens when i connect to usb but just wont sync stays on this screen:

Please Register or Log in to view images

honestly dont no wat to do ive uninstalled & reinstalled a million times, ive done the edit/prefrences/syncing/remove back up and ive reset sync history, and scince the ipod was just restored i tried rest settings on ipod 2 but still nothing.it doesnt set up new ipod either. if anyone could plz ipod is useless if i cant sync. plz help:/
  2. xxx037

xxx037 New Member

my bad i forgot to post i used cc cleaner to erase registry after every uninstall to0,that didnt work also.
  3. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try to restore with 1.1.3 then upgrade to 1.1.4 dont forget to set up as a NEW ipod not a backup. im sure you know that though.
  4. xxx037

xxx037 New Member

ive tried 1.1.1,1.1.2,1.1.3 and i always end up restore and updating cus it doesnt work and ive changed ipod name a million times to0
  5. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oh ok :/ well try another computer possibly? and if that doesnt work...you might just have to take it back to apple cuz if you cant start it up/restore it...they wont be able to either and know its jailbroken and what not.
  6. xxx037

xxx037 New Member

they wont or they will know i jailbroke it? i restored it and its at factory settings right now but theres nothing wrong with my itouch i think its itunes thats not working cus i remove the backup and and reset sync history but as soon as i get out of prefrences (wether the ipod is plugged in or not) itunes says this ipod has been synced with this computer restore from back up or set up as new ipod when i click on that nothing happens
  7. Spartan015

Spartan015 New Member

Hey,

I literally just joined to reply just to this, haha. That screen is where your iPod is looking for a backup to see if you want to immediately put stuff on it you had on it before.
  8. markdamore

markdamore New Member

plug in ur ipod.. if that screen shows up, click the back it up button.
    a couple seconds after you do that, unplug ur ipod and then wait until the backing up window goes away.
    replug ur ipod in and u should be able to sync it.

works for me
    reply if it works