Itunes doesn't support SIM

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adihubba, Apr 20, 2009.

1. adihubba

adihubba New Member

Hello,
    i have a new Iphone increased, but unfortunately it had the latest firmware /baseband so that yellowsnow does not work. Baseband can not downgrade because the bootloader has not the version 5.8. So i used a Rebelsim card, everything works great.
    As the mobile phone for the first time has been connected to Itunes, I have registered it without a SIM card inside. Since the warranty is going. Then I get the Iphone with the original firmware 2.2.1 gejailbreaked and copy music, photos and programs with Itunes. Throughout the week, everything worked perfectly.
    But now I get every time I open Itunes the Message:
    "The Iphone located in the SIM card does not seem to be supported. To activate an Iphone can only compatible SIM cards, a supported wireless service provider used ...".
    The Iphone does still everything, but I can not copy music or games on it anymore.
    Someone an idea?
    MfG
    adihubba
    PS: sorry for my english, i'am from germany and it isn't my best subject ;-)
  2. mexistache

mexistache New Member

Will it sync if you take out the SIM card before you plug it in? Try that

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. adihubba

adihubba New Member

the same error...
  4. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Impressive English for a 2nd language.
    ---
    If you have an AT&T SIM or whatever SIM apple would have intended you to use (I'm not sure if Germany is O2 or something like that) then try putting that in.
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If you are using a Rebel SIM anyway just do a factory restore; JB and reactivate the iPhone.

From there it should work but I would remove the SIM anytime you plug it into your computer.
  6. adihubba

adihubba New Member

in germany the iphones are only sold by t-mobile. the problem is, only one person from my contact list has t-mobile^^
    if this doesn't work, i must restore it...
  7. adihubba

adihubba New Member

For all who have the same problem later times.
    I have put an original T-Mobile SIM card in the Iphone and the bug was already fixed.