itunes doesn't respond to a dfu ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by kopak93, Aug 9, 2008.

1. kopak93

kopak93 New Member

First off all, before you all talking about googling, yes i did it, and a lot! :O I've restored my ipod 4 times and tried every single dfu mode possible.

It sucefully enters in Dfu mode (black screen and a "have to" reset and restore) but my itunes doesn't responds to the ipod, don't says "your ipod is in the dfu mode" (something like that). I've tried everything.

What could this be?
    Im on a 32gb ipod touch on a 2.01 firmware if it helps...

Thank you all!
  2. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Maybe its not in DFU mode but it's turned off, search for tutorials for DFU mode.
  3. kopak93

kopak93 New Member

No, it doesn't boot if i hold the sleep button, i have to reset my ipod
    (my computer detects a dfu ipod...)
  4. anonnos

anonnos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had a similar problem and realized that there was just a problem with my itunes so after i entered dfu mode and heard the windows sound (sound it makes when you connect a device), i just opened it manually. Also i tried the dfu modes that people were posting on youtube and stuff and realized it didn't really work.My ipod seemed like it was in dfu mode but it wasn't. So i tried this method and it worked

First get it out of dfu mode (if its in dfu) by holding power button(sleep button) and home for a couple of seconds.

-turn off ipod
    -hold power button for 5 seconds
    -then after 5 seconds continue holding power button and press home button(if done correctly then the apple logo should appear and then screen goes blank)
    -hold them both for 10 sec
    -and then let go of power button while still holding home button until after you hear windows recognize it and the screen is still black.

if itunes doesnt open automatically just open it manually and it will say it has recognized an ipod that is in recovery mode.
  5. kopak93

kopak93 New Member

I will try it. Il say news!

THANKS!
  6. nunchuck

nunchuck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i have this same problem. i had my ipod jailbroken on 2.0 so it has the custom logo's does the penguin mean its in dfu mode?
  7. kopak93

kopak93 New Member

Did Every step you said but even if i start manually start my (reinstalled) Itunes, he waits for the ipod to be prepared and then error "1601". Il continue trying this hopefully.

if nothing works, what should i do? :

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. nunchuck

nunchuck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    nothings working im afraid i brick my ipod plz help
  9. anonnos

anonnos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What are you using to jailbreak it with?
  10. kopak93

kopak93 New Member

Im trying to jailbreak 2.01, i was on a normal 2.0. I have already the custom .ipa file but the only problem it's the connect the dfu ipod to itunes!

It's pissing me this --.

I used always liberty when i was on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, restored to 2.0, waited until 2.01 released with jailbreak, and now im here.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well...Maybe it's bricked, maybe it's just unable to dfu mode sucefull to itunes like mine :S

I can use always 2.01 or 2.0 normal. Without any problem.