Itunes doesn't recognize Ipod...

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by joefish13, Mar 8, 2008.

1. joefish13

joefish13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    After using Ziphone to JB it to 1.1.4. It won't sync. I was looking thru the search and didn't find anything. Is there something I need to do to fix this?
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

what did you do after jailbreaking it? Did you install anything
  3. joefish13

joefish13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A game or 2. I tried rebooting pc and ipod, and unplugging it. Doesn't seem to want to sync.

I just uninstalled the 2 games, now it's just a freshly restored jailbroken Ipod.
  4. joefish13

joefish13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is what I did:
    I followed the Ziphone instructions, where I updated the itunes firmware to 1.14, then I opened the Ziphone program, did the JB process, it rebooted and it was successful. I then rebooted my computer, and found itunes not recognizing it and not syncing. It is just a restored JB ipod now, nothing on it.
  5. getisboy

getisboy New Member

Does it recognize it if it's in restore mode?
  6. saltedpotatos

saltedpotatos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this is the same thing that happened to me, i did the same thing and itunes cant sync. I'm also afraid to restore because if that doesn't fix it then i have a $400 dollar paper weight. Any help?
  7. orkodan

orkodan New Member

My ipod's not recognized even in restore mode. I always get the message saying i need to reinstall itunes because the right program's not been installed but I've reinstalled it so many times now and nothing. My works pc can see it so it can't be the jailbreak.
    I've deleted everything to do with itunes and quicktime then reinstalled it and still that same error message

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can someone please help?????
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Uninstall then reinstall iTunes. Make sure you delete everything that has to do with iTunes. Back up all your media music video all that good stuff. Then reinstall. It should do the trick.

This happend to me. Nothing would find my ipods. After I did this it was full speed ahead.
    I think it has something to do with iTunes picking it up in the middle of the ziphone prosses.
    At least for me iTunes would pick it up as soon as ziphone put it in recovery to start the prosses.
  9. orkodan

orkodan New Member

Check above

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks anyway

Oh, it also started as soon as I'd upgraded to 1.1.4 official from iTunes. I'm hating this now, I have an ipod with no content on it, it's not even jailbroken yet as the last jailbreak kept freezing
  10. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned