iTunes doesn't recognize iPod touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cust0m, Oct 13, 2007.

1. cust0m

cust0m Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi there,
    I tried the automatic jailbreak a few hours ago, but I got a fatal error when the .bat tried to connect to my iPod or whatever happens when you enter the IP. I tried batching again, and then the program freezed @ patching Flash Memory, so i had to use ctrl+c to close the program... since then my iTunes won't recognize my iPod anymore and I can't do the jailbreak either (45 mins on patching iPod flash memory right now). So there is no way to restore my iPod and it won't work properly (instantly closes programs, like video/music/safari and so on, there aren't any audio/video files or pictures left on my iPod either!)
    Please help me guys!
    I'll let the program go on patching flash memory for an hour (watching germany vs. ireland) and then I'll start continously slapping my face with a bat T___T

Edit: I just found the on-board restore function of the iPod touch - did so and iTunes seems to recognize my iPod now properly! iTunes said somethin of "found iPod in stand-by state" (I'm from Germany, so I don't know what iTunes says in the English version - talking of that: sorry for my bad english ^.^)
  2. lorenzo macci

lorenzo macci New Member

i am in your situation i'm italian i don't known what i must do
  3. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

will itunes let you restore using itunes or is it stuck
    where it say's in stand by state ?

if you can restore using itunes do it
    if not manually restore again see if that works
  4. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

Right click on the taks bar and choose task manager see if ituneshelpermodule is up and running if it is not restart your computer and it should come up
  5. pnasca

pnasca New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ya i downloaded customize( new verision) my ipod freaked out all it is doing is going to the summerboard and showing this loading wheel every 10 seconds, then it crashes. I cant access any programs. When i put it to sleep you can still see a faint pictrure of the summerboard. ITunes wont reconize it? idk what to do. How do i restore it?