iTunes doesn't recognize DFU mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by CyberPrime, Jul 24, 2008.

1. CyberPrime

CyberPrime New Member

Hello, I am on windows and am trying to get the XPwn custom IPSW that I made onto my touch. I made it and everything, I put the iPod into DFU mode (screen is black, says its in DFU in Device Manager) but iTunes doesn't recognize it. I can close iTunes and open it again, it gives me a progress bar saying "Waiting for iPod..." and the touch's screen turns white. From there its a simple matter of rebooting to get it back to 1.1.5. Any ideas what my problem is? I am on iTunes 7.7, should I downgrade to 7.5? The guide I read said I don't need to but who knows. Thanks.
  2. Phillyblonds

Phillyblonds New Member

yes

press the on/off button and the home button and hold em down and insert the usb cable and then it will ask if you want to restore , hit left shift and hold it down and click restore in itunes , depending on what version of itunes you have it will install the firmwire you wish, for an example, 7.7 firmwire 2.0 , 7.6 etc you get the hint

this works, just make sure you press the shutdown button and the home button and hold em pressed and insert the usb cable works 100% then just release it when it tells ya if you want to restore
  3. CyberPrime

CyberPrime New Member

I've tried going into restore mode, it gives me a 1602 error the first time, I restart iTunes, it gives me a 1604 error.
  4. Phillyblonds

Phillyblonds New Member

hey

did you try my instructions
  5. CyberPrime

CyberPrime New Member

yes, and it goes into recovery mode. I am going to reinstall iTunes, try your thing again and report back.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work.
  6. Mythul

Mythul New Member

try to use iliberty+ to kick your ipod out of recovery/dfu mode
  7. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    where do I find that Ilibrary+ program..sorry not familiar with it..do I have to hold onto the home button while Im doing it so that it recognizes it cause I notice that after I do that and even when it does recognize it just goes dead after a minute
  8. CyberPrime

CyberPrime New Member

I don't need it out I need it to be recognized by iTunes. I am going to try holding home longer.
  9. JonTheAzn

JonTheAzn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling it
  10. neffed

neffed New Member

The same problem

Yeah i have the same problem where when i put my iPod into DFU mode i get the "waiting for iPod" and the white screen until it goes into recovery mode, which is pain because im trying to use DFU to use some custon firmware. anyone know how to help me?