iTunes doesnt have "the office"?????

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shanshor, Jan 16, 2008.

1. shanshor

shanshor New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I am searching and searching but I can't find it. If they don't have it I am going to be very angry with apple. Stupid apple, and Steve. I was doing just fine with my zune. I knew getting roped in with apple was a bad choice. And now all this crap the the $20 fee? Wtf is that? Jobs and his monopoly... Sorry for going on a rant there lol
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A while ago iTunes stopped carrying NBC's shows (which includes The Office). I can't really remember why, but I think it was something about pricing...
  3. nclaxmiddy11

nclaxmiddy11 Active Member

Yeah the producers and people went on strike so NBC called all of there programs off iTunes
  4. shanshor

shanshor New Member

Device:
    iPad
    well this really sux. Hmm
  5. IcyStorm

IcyStorm New Member

No, that's not it. NBC wanted to charge more for the TV show prices and Apple refused. They weren't able to strike a deal, so NBC programming eventually ceased to be on the iTunes Store.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/31/nbc-cancels-itunes-contract/
  6. pab277

pab277 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Since "The Office" is a NBC show, it will not be sold on iTunes any longer since Apple and NBC could not compromise on the pricing of the shows, so Apple just decided to drop them.
    But you already heard this from everyone else
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

As annoyed as I am at Steve-O for this recent $20 debacle, that's one thing I kinda liked about the whole Apple/iTunes deal. They're big enough to call some heavy shots when it comes to pricing, and even seem to have some sway on the whole DRM issue (as least in music), so often as not labels and studios can complain but they'd be shooting off a few toes if they withdrew from ITMS in a fit of pique.

Which is what NBC did. They got greedy, and now they've lost the ITMS audience. Mind you TV shows don't have as big a market on ITMS as music, but still, I suspect NBC won't be getting the kind of revenue it did on ITMS by striking out on their own. Their loss I guess.