itunes does not recognize itouch

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by nambrot, Dec 9, 2007.

1. nambrot

nambrot New Member

hi
    ich have an unjailbroken ipod touch. I will wait until February to the SDK. I have firmware 1.1.1.
    On my Laptop there is Ubuntu. On it, there is Vmware with a physical Windows XP in it.
    It works very well. But when i connect my ipod via Vmware to XP, only XP can recognize the ipod. When i open iTunes, there ist nothing to do...
    how can i let iTunes recognize my ipod?
    i Hate rebooting^^
  2. RoundysSince

RoundysSince New Member

[edit] sorry, I misread that.
  3. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Update itunes...
  4. RoundysSince

RoundysSince New Member

lol yes, at first I thought it was about VMware not recognizing the USB port but I'm half-asleep

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. nambrot

nambrot New Member

no shortcut or so to let it recognize?
    Itunes is the newest...
  6. ipodtouchlover

ipodtouchlover New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i do the same thing the only way you way you can get itunes to reconize it is by turing the usb connection on the virtual machine (windows ) or close the virtual machine down
  7. nambrot

nambrot New Member

sorry, but i am German, i forgot to mention
    what do you mean with turing?
    and close the Virtual Machine???
  8. Hannes

Hannes New Member

Hi,

I have a similar problem, but the answer is not reinstall !!!

iTunes recognizes my iPod as long as I do not restart my computer. Reinstalling helps, but i don't like to reinstall itunes every time.
    I now found a "shortcut", in Systems->Softwar. I do not "delete" but "Repair" my first "Apple..." software. Only takes 3 minutes. But still sh.., as it has to be done every time.
    Is there some place in my registery to store my settings after repairing the software???
  9. Gad_is_here_2

Gad_is_here_2 New Member

I have a similar problem. My iPod gets camera connected, and everytime I connect it, it charges but iTunes says that it cannot be written to or read from or that it's not recognizable sometimes
  10. BittenByBill

BittenByBill New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently just jailbreaked my itouch...everything was fine until I used "logo-me" which is an app that lets me change or customize the bootup logo. that caused the "black screen"...I know it was powered on because I was able to put in DFU mode the first time, however I used the customized firmware instead of using the original 2.2.1 firmware. by the time, i realized this, itunes could not restore it. I have done this before (where i got an error) and everywhere i go advises that i put it back on dfu mode again which I know how to do easily. the problem is, in order for me to do that, i'll have to turn off the ipod/itouch first. now that it's black, i can't turn it off therefore i can't do a hard reboot. do you think it's right for me to wait until the battery runs out THEN do the hard reboot.